Monday, November 5, 2012

BB Creams- Estee Lauder and Skin79

I am REALLY new to BB creams. I started looking around for an all in one face product because I am lazy and hate using a ton of different things at a time. I discovered BB creams and was thrilled for like 5 minutes. Then I learned that it was going to take some time and money to find the one I want to use. Did I mention I am lazy? hehehe  I am sort of joking. I am not lazy in life, I just want a fast fix for things that I feel should be an easy task. Like picking a BB cream!

I have read tons of blogs and articles on BB creams. Because of these I have been able to really narrow down brands that I want to try.

A few things about my face. I have red blotchy skin with large pores and to add insult to injury, I have eczema patches around my eyebrows and from the sides of my nose to my mouth.  It is not severe but a lot of tinted products make the flakey skin stand out more.

First brand I tried was Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream in light. It was cheap and easy to get at my local Target. The coverage was a lot less than I wanted and it reminded me more of a tinted moisturizer. It made my eczema patches look terrible. The SPF was only 15. I would like to have a little higher protection.
I think this BB cream would be OK for a younger person. I am pushing 40 and need more help! ;-)

I read a lot of good things about Estee Lauder Day Wear so I got it. A bit more pricey but not a big deal if it works. I have used it for a couple of weeks. The coverage ranges from light to medium and the SPF is 35.
I liked this better but my eczema is still a problem with it. At this point I had just accepted that it may be a problem no matter what I use.

Last week I read a blog that raved about Skin79 VIP Gold Collection Super BB cream. I got it today and after one use, it is my favorite so far. It feels creamier and it covers better. Also my eczema did not show nearly as much as with the others. SPF is 25. Not as high as Estee Lauder but acceptable if I decide to stick with this BB cream.


The Skin79 looks to have more of a grey tint to it when you first put it on. After a minute it changes and blends beautifully with my skin tone.

My next and probably final try with BB creams is going to be with Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream in #23. IF it ever gets here in the mail. I will let you know how that goes and what my final choice will be.








3 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of that Skin79! The Missha has great coverage! It definitely covers better than the other BB creams to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really looking forward to trying the Missha. It seems to be lost somewhere between Korea and the East coast of the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Skin79 as well. I primarily use Holika Holika though.

    ReplyDelete