Wednesday, December 12, 2012

DIY- Lavender Nail Polish Remover

So I really like the Deborah Lippmann, The Stripper, nail polish remover. I do not like the cost. It is about $16 for a 4 ounce bottle.

I ran across a You Tube video that taught you how to duplicate another popular nail polish remover, Zoya.
You can see the video HERE.

I basically did the same but added some lavender drops. It still is not a great smelling product but it is better than just regular polish remover.

Things I used
I was able to the glycerin and lavender drops on Amazon.com. The acetone I got from Ulta. I can probably find it in bulk cheaper but did not bother this time around.

I dumped about 2 inches of the acetone out. Added 2 tablespoons of the vegetable glycerine and a lot of the lavender. Maybe 1/4 of the bottle. I shook the bottle to mix it the best I could. I then had to add a few tablespoons of water to get the glycerin to mix completely. You can see it on the bottom of the bottle if you need to add more water. I have used it once so far and I am really satisfied with it. It took regular polish off very quickly. I only had one nail with chunky glitter on it and it seemed to come off quicker than usual for glitter. That could be wishful thinking on my part. <grin>

$21 dollars to make 16 ounces of polish. Not bad! You make yours even cheaper if you opt out of the lavender.

No comments:

Post a Comment